Saturday, September 1, 2007

Haiku, anyone?

I've been reading Jack Kerouac, Book of Haikus, and it's gotten me interested in haiku again. I've been writing a lot of scifaiku/horrorku (which are fun too) but lately not so much your flower/sun/dog smiling ku. It's a great little form, and very relaxing to write (as long as you're not worried about whether or not they're actually good).

Anyway, for anyone who likes haiku and likes technology, there's a neat contest over at ThinkGeek.com: write a "techie" haiku, and you could win a $50 gift certificate.

And for those interested in "regular" haiku, here are some haiku magazines to either check out or submit to:

- Frogpond
- bottle rockets
- Acorn Haiku Magazine

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll check out this contest. Thanks for the link. I used to write quite a few haiku, then kind of got away from it, and now am doing some again.