Friday, November 9, 2007

Bits and Pieces Review in Star*Line

The new issue of Star*Line is out, and as usual it's a good one. Packed with some great speculative poetry, as well as small press book reviews and a well-written article by Marcie Lynn Tentchoff, poetry editor at Aberrant Dreams, about subtlety in horror poetry. She makes some good points, and the article includes a few of her reprinted poems, including "Water Sprite's Lament," which first appeared in Ideomancer and can be read here.

There's a review of my chapbook, Bits and Pieces -- very favorable, I'm happy to say. Copies are still available at Spec House of Poetry and The Genre Mall.

All of the poems are good, but my favorites were the scifaiku by Karen L. Newman and Kurt MacPhearson. If you've never read Star*Line before, this is as good an issue as any to start with.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I should be getting my issue in the next day or so. I alwasys look forward to it. Good stuff. congrats on the positive review.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015