Saturday, February 23, 2008

Two More Haiku Contests

Here are two more haiku contests. I strongly urge you not to enter... better chances for me.

- 2008 Annual Francine Porad Award for Haiku

This contest is open to unpublished haiku, deadline March 15, 2008. $1 per haiku, and entries must be submitted through the mail. There are also a few other contests sponsored by the same group.

- 6th Annual ukiaHaiku Festival

This town's name backwards spells haiku. So I'm guessing they really get into this contest. There are two different categories -- Traditional Haiku and Contemporary Haiku. The Traditional Haiku contest is free, but the Contemporary Haiku contest has an entry fee of $5 for up to three haiku. You can enter online or by mail, but for the contemporary haiku contest, even if you enter online you still have to mail the check. The deadline for this one is also March 15th, so get on it.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've got some haiku I could enter. Now I have to see if I can get them together in time. Seems like it would be easy but man am I busy.

Greg Schwartz said...

Yeah, time always seems to be my biggest problem, too. I can't remember which one, but I think one of the contests requires you to submit the poems on index cards.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015