Friday, March 21, 2008

An Interesting Contest

Here's a new take on a contest (at least, new to me). Professional novelist Charles Gramlich is sponsoring a web-based "pay it forward" contest regarding your favorite title for a story or poem. Read all the contest details here. It closes on April 6th and it's free to enter, so get thinking.

Another looming contest is sponsored by the Southern Illinois Writers Guild. There are three categories -- fiction, nonfiction, and poetry -- and prizes of $100, $50, and $25 in each category. Entries must be mailed, along with a $5 entry fee (per entry) by May 1st.

In case you haven't checked out the new horror mag The Ashen Eye yet, now's a good time to do so. The editors are in the process of compiling their first issue, and for some reason they chose to include one of my poems. (In spite of that, it looks to be a good first issue.) You can read another of my poems, "Bats," on their website, along with poems and excerpts from the other contributors, including Alexis Child and David Byron.

I'm also proud to report I've got a few more acceptances recently, including Modern Haiku, Hummingbird, and New York Quarterly (who even gave me my own web page).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to try to remember my favorite story or poem title.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Thanks for the nod for my contest. And congrats on your acceptances/publications. I had some stuff published in Modern Haiku quite a few years back.

I like "Bats," a rather unique take on the travails of writing a poem. Bloody good fun, I might say.

Greg Schwartz said...

Charles,

Glad you liked "Bats." Took me a while to find a home for that one.

Do you still write a lot of haiku?

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015