Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Rhysling nod??

I just found out this weekend that one of my poems, "Night Falls," was nominated for a Rhysling Award. Wow... I never would've thought I'd open up a Rhysling anthology and see my name in there!

Thank you to whoever nominated my poem. It is certainly the biggest honor of my writing career.


Night Falls

night falls
like a curtain
on a quiet inn
deep in the woods.

the perfect setting
for a horror story
if only
the damn birds
would stop chirping.

(copyright 2007)

7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

congrats. That's wonderful news. Great poem too. Good luck.

Greg Schwartz said...

Thanks Charles! Glad you liked it.

By the way, any idea when your Spec House haiku book's coming out? I've been looking forward to it since August.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm not sure. J let me know a few weeks back that he hasn't forgotten it, but he's been swamped with grad school and babies. I'll probably be seeing him in July at the Babel Con in Baton Rouge so I should get a good idea then.

A Bernstein said...

I think its a very clever & quirky poem, worthy of its nomination for a Rhysling!

Greg Schwartz said...

Thanks Tony!

J. Bruce Fuller said...

Charles is correct, I have been swamped but it is still coming out, (hopefully before Babel Con). I was actually working on it some this week, and I do believe it is the next release in my schedule. The three newest Spec House releases are for sale now on the Spec House blog so go check em out. (not the store, you'll note it isn't there anymore, more info on that later).

_j

Greg Schwartz said...

J--

looking forward to Charles' book of haiku. I saw that the store wasn't there anymore, but the SFPA contest anthology looks really good. I like that cover.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015