Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Contributor copies... a poor man's best friend

Got some contributor copies this week, so now i have something to read (in between Choke by Chuck Palahniuk, Selected Poems of Langston Hughes, and Holocaust Poetry).

Talebones #36 has apparently been out for a while now, but thanks to the USPS I just got my copy this week. It's a great issue, full of the likes of James Van Pelt, Paul Melko, and Mikal Trimm. Talebones, in my humble opinion, is one of the most consistently good dark fantasy magazines out there.

Also arrived this week is issue #103 of the recently-revived Space & Time. The editors were kind enough to include my poem (a tribute to Ray Bradbury) in this issue. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but the cover and lineup look great.

For those of you haiku lovers out there, the new issue of paper wasp is out, and it's as filled with quality poems as ever. There are a few poems by Fran Masat, Carolyn Cordon, and Amitava Dasgupta that really stand out.

Not a contributor copy, but I did receive in the mail from talented writer and poet Tony Bernstein a copy of the new Tales of the Talisman. Tony wrote a very favorable review of my chapbook, Bits & Pieces, so buy a copy of the magazine and check it out (or buy a copy of my chapbook -- or both).

All of these magazines are currently open to submissions, except Space & Time, which is taking a short break but should reopen soon.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on all the publications. I'm finally having some time today that I hope to get a few items sent off.

Greg Schwartz said...

good luck Charles!

Carolyn said...

thanks for your comment on Paper Wasp - I am one of the haiku poets you mentioned, and as I am new to proper haiku (rather than fauxku) just this year, I was pretty thrilled to be published.

Greg Schwartz said...

Carolyn - thanks for stopping by. the way your "new waterlily" haiku juxtaposed nature and human nature really struck me. keep writing those ku!

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015