Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A couple of good poems

Here are two poems I've read recently that really stuck with me. Both of them are technically excellent and evoke strong images.

- "April Again" by Charles Gramlich

- "When Again I Feel My Hands" by Marge Simon (scroll down past Tony Bernstein's article and the other poets)

Also, the official list of 2008 Rhysling nominations is online, if anyone hasn't seen it yet. I'm honored to have my name on the list, among so many larger-than-life poets, including David C. Kopaska-Merkel, Kendall Evans, J. Bruce Fuller, Marcie Lynn Tentchoff, Mike Allen, and Marge Simon.

Lastly, if anyone is looking for gifts for a fellow writer (or maybe for yourself), feel free to take a look at my Out to Lunch Cartoons gift shop. I've just lowered the prices on all the products, so now's a great time to buy something. If you're looking for a specific cartoon on a specific item that you don't see, just ask.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I think I've already congratulated you on the Rhysling nomination, but congrats again. It's good see J in there as well. A very fine grouping.

Marge Simon always does such wonderful poetry and no one tells better complete stories with a poem than she does.

Thanks for the nod for "April Again." I'm glad you liked it.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015