Saturday, April 19, 2008

Two contests

Here are two contests that I thought worthy of bringing to everyone's attention:

- The Boyne Writers Group's Competition for Satirical Work in Commemoration of Jonathan Swift. This contest is for satirical essays or poems about one of two topics: The Lisbon Treaty referendum (don't ask me) or global warming. All entries are due by May 7th.

- The Alaska Writers Guild's The Ralph Williams Prize for Speculative Fiction. Top prize in each category (science fiction, fantasy, horror/humor) is $1,000, PLUS an additional $4,000 to the Grand Prize winner. Not bad, eh? The only drawback is the $50.00 entry fee. Deadline is May 1st.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Wow, that second contest sounds luctrative. I've got to check into that one. I sent some haiku to Paper wasp.

Greg Schwartz said...

paper wasp is a good magazine. I was just trying to find more poems to send them today. hopefully I'll see your haiku in their next issue.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015