Friday, June 13, 2008

bear creek haiku

I'm sure many of you have never heard of bear creek haiku. I never had up until a few months ago, when I found it online and submitted a few poems. Editor Ayaz Daryl Nielson chose one of my poems for the current issue, #78, and I received my contributor's copy this week.

It's a small magazine (which is fitting since it mostly publishes haiku), but it contains some very strong poems. Some well-known contributors include Alan Catlin, Peggy Dugan French, and Dorothy McLaughlin.

Also, the new issue of Yellow Mama (#8) just went live. Check it out. It's got dark stories and poems by Kenneth James Crist, John Grey, and Lyn Lifshin.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on the publication. I'll have to check out the magazines you've linked here as soon as I get caught up a bit from my trip.

Greg Schwartz said...

Hey Charles, thanks! Hope you had a good trip!

Issa's Untidy Hut said...

Congrats on the Bear Creek publication. I really like his mag.

Don

Greg Schwartz said...

Thanks Don! I like it too... this issue was the first one I've seen, but there were some great poems in it.

Anonymous said...

thanks, it's the fine poets that make bear creek bearable - your gracious comments, appreciated -
ayaz daryl nielsen

Greg Schwartz said...

well there were certainly a lot of fine poets in that issue! thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015