Saturday, July 12, 2008

Newsletters for writers

Newsletters are a great way to pick up information, be it a helpful writing tip or a new market to submit to, or even an organizational hint. Here are several email newsletters for writers (and they're all free):

- Worldwide Freelance Writer: Weekly newsletter. Contains a feature article, several writing markets, and related ads.

- Flash Fiction Newsletter: Monthly newsletter dealing with flash fiction (and some poetry and nonfiction). Contains markets, tips, subscriber news, and an "editor's pick" online venue.

- WritersWeekly: Weekly digest of website content from WritersWeekly.com. Contains article excerpts, letters to the editor, a "Whispers and Warnings" section, paying markets, and writing-related jobs.

- Food-Writing Newsletter: Bi-weekly newsletter "for writers who love food and food lovers who write." Contains an article or two on food writing, and prospective markets and jobs.

- The Poetry Market Ezine: Monthly newsletter. Contains publishing news, upcoming poetry contests, markets, and an in-depth poetry book review.

I subscribe to all of these newsletters and read as much of them as I can. You never know where you'll find that perfect new market.

On a side note, I just found out this week that I've been accepted into the Horror Writers Association. That's pretty cool.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Hey, you'll be in HWA with me. Cool. Thanks for the links. I'm gonna refer the members of my writing group to these.

Greg Schwartz said...

yeah, I finally got all the pubs I needed. took me long enough!

I've found a lot of good markets through those newsletters, that I might not have seen otherwise. they've definitely come in handy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing.

Terry Finley

http://theterryfinleysite.blogspot.com/

Greg Schwartz said...

Terry,

No problem! Hope they help.

Rhonda Parrish said...

Congrats on the HWA acceptance :) That's full of awesome :)

Greg Schwartz said...

Thanks Rhonda! Yeah, I was pretty excited about it....