Newsletters are a great way to pick up information, be it a helpful writing tip or a new market to submit to, or even an organizational hint. Here are several email newsletters for writers (and they're all free):
- Worldwide Freelance Writer: Weekly newsletter. Contains a feature article, several writing markets, and related ads.
- Flash Fiction Newsletter: Monthly newsletter dealing with flash fiction (and some poetry and nonfiction). Contains markets, tips, subscriber news, and an "editor's pick" online venue.
- WritersWeekly: Weekly digest of website content from WritersWeekly.com. Contains article excerpts, letters to the editor, a "Whispers and Warnings" section, paying markets, and writing-related jobs.
- Food-Writing Newsletter: Bi-weekly newsletter "for writers who love food and food lovers who write." Contains an article or two on food writing, and prospective markets and jobs.
- The Poetry Market Ezine: Monthly newsletter. Contains publishing news, upcoming poetry contests, markets, and an in-depth poetry book review.
I subscribe to all of these newsletters and read as much of them as I can. You never know where you'll find that perfect new market.
On a side note, I just found out this week that I've been accepted into the Horror Writers Association. That's pretty cool.