Saturday, August 2, 2008

New SFPA Contest

That's right, the Science Fiction Poetry Association is now accepting submissions for its 2008 Poetry Contest. Submit up to 3 unpublished poems, 20 lines or fewer, on the theme of "Energy." The contest deadline is August 31st, and best of all, there's NO ENTRY FEE! Check out the guidelines for the list of cool prizes (including cash).

Star*Line, the SFPA's poetry journal, is still closed to submissions but should be reopening soon.

Dreams & Nightmares #80 was just released, and it's filled with great poems by the likes of Ann K. Schwader, Deborah P. Kolodji, and Terrie Leigh Relf. There's also an alternate take on a familiar fairy tale by Joshua Gage, and a powerful short poem by Charles A. Gramlich.

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll definitely want to enter the SFPA contest. You know, I think my membership must have lapsed again. I always forget to renew because they don't really send out notices and I forget to look at my issue. I'll rejoin again.

Charles Gramlich said...

Oh, and I'm glad you liked "Blue Soul."

Greg Schwartz said...

Yeah, it was a great poem. I let my membership lapse this year, too, and I almost missed out on the Rhysling anthology.

Deborah P Kolodji said...

Charles,

You are supposed to be getting a notice that your issue is expiring in your last issue.

The renewal notice is supposed to be printed on a brightly colored piece of paper with a scifaiku I commissioned from Loyd Myatt and artwork by Teri Santitoro.

If you didn't get one of these, let me know and I'll try to see why this isn't happening.....

Debbie

Charles Gramlich said...

Hey, Debbie, thanks for the input I'll be checking on this today.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015