Sunday, October 26, 2008

Currently Reading List, Black Petals

Because I constantly have to change things around here, I've started posting a list of books I'm currently reading and a list of books I've recently finished. Both can be found towards the bottom of this blog, under the banner ads. A lot of the books I've read I've only found by talking to other writers about books they're reading, so maybe people can discover new books from my list, too. Feel free to leave a comment about any of the books listed, or about any books you're reading. I'd be happy to tell you what I liked or didn't like about any of the books.

There are a lot of poetry and fiction contests open now, with deadlines toward the end of the year. I'll be posting links and more information about them, either in a new post or on the sidebar. In the meantime, here's one contest for drabbles (100-word stories):

The Sam's Dot Special Drabble Contest - Sam's Dot Publishing holds regular drabble contests throughout the year, but this one has a special theme -- "Alien Sex Secrets: What Your Alien Lover Wants You To Do In Bed." Finalists are published in a contest anthology, The Drabbler, and all writers with stories chosen for publication will get a copy. First prize is $10 plus a Sam's Dot paperback, second prize is $5 and a Sam's Dot chapbook. Deadline for submissions is December 31st.

Black Petals #45 is now online, including two poems by yours truly. There's also a creepy Halloween tale by C.S. Watts.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

That "Alien sex secrets" sounds too good to pass up.

Greg Schwartz said...

yeah, it's definitely a unique premise.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015