Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Contest Deadline, Baseball Haiku

Tomorrow is the deadline for submitting to the Basho Haiku Challenge, so hurry up and send in your haiku if you haven't already done so.

If you find yourself with a free minute and want to hear one of the haiku masters, go to FORA.tv and listen to Cor van den Heuvel discuss baseball haiku, and hear him read the very first American baseball haiku, written by Jack Kerouac.

While the Basho Haiku Challenge may close on 10/2, Boulevard opens for submissions that same day. The editors accept (they even say "encourage") simultaneous submissions, and they pay $25-300 for poems up to 200 lines.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

that's pretty good pay for Boulevard.

As for baseball haiku, my god man that's like eating mustard on ice cream.

Greg Schwartz said...

Charles - thanks for the laugh! i know a lot of people (well, at least two, including you) don't like baseball haiku, but for some reason I think baseball and haiku fit well together. I'm not a big fan of baseball, but I do find myself enjoying good baseball haiku.

As for Boulevard... yeah, $25 a poem isn't bad at all. I'm trying to send something in to them right now.

Rhonda Parrish said...

Totally unrelated to your post at all, but I tagged you on a meme thing at http://www.rhondaparrish.com (I also posted the same post on my erotica-writing blog).

My feelings won't be hurt in the least if you chose not to continue the meme, but I wanted to let you know about the link just the same :)

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015