Thursday, December 11, 2008

Good news, three poems

Just had to share some good news. I got an email from Jim Kacian the other day, saying that one of my haiku from the first issue of Frogpond this year was selected for the 2008 Red Moon Anthology. I had to read the email three times before I believed it. I always thought the Red Moon Anthologies were something to aspire to, not something any of my haiku would actually appear in. Who knew?

Not sure when the anthology comes out, but if you want to buy a copy (and help support a great purveyor of haiku) it will be available from the Red Moon Press website. And you can bet I'll let you know when it goes on sale.

It's been a good couple months. Some of my haiku have also been accepted by Lilliput Review, Sport Literate, and Cold Mountain Review, and a few of my horror poems will be putting in an appearance in upcoming issues of Talebones, Scifaikuest, and Necrography.

To finish up this post, here are two scifaiku by Tim Jamieson, from the Abyss & Apex archives, and Victoria Clayton Munn's poem "Zombie!" from the current issue of Niteblade.

10 comments:

Deborah P Kolodji said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

I haven't heard from Jim, and he usually sends them all out at once, so I guess I didn't make it this year.....

Deborah P Kolodji said...

p.s. The Red Moon Anthology usually comes out around February. One year I remember giving a copy as a Valentine's Day gift to the person who inspired the included haiku.

Greg Schwartz said...

Deborah - thanks! Jim must be smoking something if he chose one of my poems and not one of yours. February sounds familiar, though I can't recall where else I heard that.

Charles Gramlich said...

That's great news. Congrats. I've met Jim Kacian. A most perceptive fellow.

Greg Schwartz said...

Thanks Charles! When did you meet Jim? I've never met him, but from all his reviews that I've read, I'd tend to agree with you.

pottygok said...

WAY TO GO, GREG!!!

That's really excellent. You're right--a Red Moon Anthology is one of the things to aspire to. You've made it now! You're in!!!

Keep up the good work!

Greg Schwartz said...

thanks Josh!!

Rhonda Parrish said...

That's awesome news Greg, congratulations!

Greg Schwartz said...

thanks, Rhonda!

Charles Gramlich said...

I was probably close to 10 years ago in New Orleans. He published David Lanoue's "Haiku Guy" and I went out for dinner with David and he one night.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015