Saturday, January 3, 2009

Star*Line, Rhysling nominations

For all you speculative poets, Star*Line is once again open for submissions. Editor Marge Simon is currently reading for the July/August issue (no theme) and the September/October issue (dark poetry, any genre).

Also, for SFPA members, you need to get your Rhysling nominations in by February 2nd. You can nominate one short poem and one long poem. Find all the details here.

One last note... if you entered the Penumbra Haiku Contest last year and wondered why you haven't seen the results yet, one of the judges was in a car accident, so the judging has been delayed. But don't worry... they haven't forgotten about us.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I just found out that I never got my address changed after the move and my STar*line's have been going to my old address. But I'll get the Rhysling issue.

Greg Schwartz said...

i had that happen to me last time we moved too -- had a whole list of people to change my address with, and forgot to notify one magazine. did you get last year's rhysling issue? that was a good one.

pottygok said...

Star*Line's page at SFPoetry.net says that they're not open yet. It reads "Star*Line is currently closed to submissions but will re-open in January 2009."--Did Marge or Debbie make an announcement somewhere and the website just hasn't changed yet?

Greg Schwartz said...

Josh - I emailed Marge and she said they're open. guess they just haven't updated the guidelines page yet, or it just needs to be clarified. in any event, I sent over some poems yesterday.

pottygok said...

GREAT!!! I'm sending some right now!

Thanks for keeping us all updated!

Greg Schwartz said...

no problem!

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015