Sunday, April 5, 2009

poetry contest, DailyHaiku

Here's a poetry contest for a good cause. It has a pretty steep entry fee ($20 for 1-3 poems) but according to the guidelines the fee is tax deductible. The Bridge Poetry Contest is open to poems on the theme of homelessness or humanitarianism. The contest is a fundraiser for the Metro Dallas Homeless Alliance. Entries must be postmarked by May 1st.

If you check out DailyHaiku every day (and you should), you'll see my name up there during the spring and summer. I just found out this weekend that I'll be part of the upcoming contributor team, which if you read the list is quite a group. (Yes, I'm the only one without a picture because I was late.)

4 comments:

Deborah P Kolodji said...

Greg -

First- congratulations for being on top of things and applying in the first place. It was on my "to-do" list but somehow I never managed to get it together.

Second, and more importantly....BIG CONGRATULATIONS for being selected!!!!

Greg Schwartz said...

Thanks Deborah!! I didn't think there was a chance I'd actually get picked.

Charles Gramlich said...

That's very cool. Glad you were picked. Sounds like it might be pretty interesting.

Greg Schwartz said...

Thanks Charles. Yeah, DailyHaiku is a great site. Right now there's a haiku up every day from George Swede, editor of Frogpond.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015