Sunday, August 23, 2009

two calls for submissions

We have two markets today in need of your submissions. The first comes from speculative poet Joshua Gage:

Many poets sent scifaiku in for the promotional pamphlet that Deborah Kolodji distributed at HNA and WorldCon. So many, in fact, that I was forced to make some really difficult decisions and only choose a few. I went with a more scifi theme, and the final results can be seen here:

http://www.sfpoetry.com/files/Scifaiku_Sampler_Aug2009.pdf

Because this project was so much fun, and because there was such interest in it, I thought I'd put together another pamphlet, this time focused on horror. Please send me your best horror themed haiku (horrorku?), published or unpublished, for this collection. If the poem has been published, please let me know where.

I look forward to reading all your great work!

Send submissions to Josh at pottygok[at]yahoo[dot]com by September 15th.

The Enchanted Conversation is a new online journal focusing on fairy tales. They want short stories, poems, artwork, and articles relating to their theme (which for the first issue will be "Sleeping Beauty") and they'll pay 4 cents/word ($10/poem) via PayPal. They'll be reading submissions until November 15th, unless they receive enough quality work before then.

Now for some unabashed bragging. One of my horror haiku just went live over at Fear and Trembling, and my short story "The Book" is part of the current issue of Sorcerous Signals (with a great illustration by Marge Simon). Bragging over.

8 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I definitely want to get in on the horror ku. Thanks for the heads up.

Charles Gramlich said...

By the way, cool on the poem and short story. Congrats!

Greg Schwartz said...

thanks Charles!

ed markowski said...

two haiku...


blown
kiss

a
frigid

gust
blisters

my
wanting
lips

*********************************


harvest
season

a
meth
freak

&

a
scare
crow

stare
out
across

the
barren
fields

*******************************

ed

Greg Schwartz said...

hey Ed! i like that second one... the same blank stare.

Deborah P Kolodji said...

Hey Charles,

Speaking of the HNA and WorldCon brochure - guess who I met at HNA? Your old friend David Lanoue!

Josh did a great job with the scifaiku pamplet, I can't wait to see what he does with the HorrorKu one.

Debbie

Greg Schwartz said...

yeah, i'm sure he'll pick some great poems for it!

pottygok said...

Greg,

I haven't seen an e-mail from you with your horror 'ku! Please send me some stuff.

Charles,
I'll be looking for your e-mail!

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015