Sunday, November 8, 2009

HWA column, Vicious Verses

J. Bruce Fuller's recent HWA Column, "Imagination and Persona in Horror Poetry," can now be read over on his blog (which he has recently updated, so check out the new look). It's a great article, plus it includes a sneak peek of his poem "28 Blackbirds at the End of the World," which is being made into a chapbook by Bandersnatch Books (due out sometime this month).

Speaking of books, Coscom Entertainment has just released Vicious Verses and Reanimated Rhymes: Zany Zombie Poetry for the Undead Head, a book of zombie poetry by some of the genre's best writers. I just got my contributor's copy and haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I did glance through the table of contents and I saw names like Charles Gramlich, Keith Gouveia, Rich Ristow, Steve Vernon, and Michael Kriesel. If you're looking to get your holiday shopping done early, it would make a good present for a zombie or horror fan.

Amazon is having a Sci-Fi Extravaganza right now, so if you need to stock up on science fiction DVDs, now's the time.

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Vicious verses looks to be a pretty cool collection. I also much enjoyed J's essay.

Greg Schwartz said...

Yeah, it does look like a good book. Read a couple of the poems so far and liked them.

J.E. Stanley said...

Thanks for the heads-up on "28 Blackbirds. . ." It was my favorite piece in the issue of Scifaikuest back when the poem first came out and also my favorite piece in the 2008 Rhysling Anthology. It should be a book on its own.

J. Bruce Fuller said...

Greg,
Thanks again for spreadin' the word...

J.E.,
I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for saying so.

J. Bruce Fuller said...

By the way Greg, Bandersnatch has posted your blurb of the book on their website... Hope it makes the cover!

Greg Schwartz said...

J.E. -- yeah, it was my favorite poem in the issue, too. I think it was the issue where J. was the featured poet.

J -- cool, thanks for the heads up! glad I could contribute.

rich said...

Hey Guys, glad you're looking forward to 28 Blackbirds just as much as I am. The release date is flexible, in that we're just waiting on a few last shoes to drop. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on that.

-- Rich Ristow, of Bandersnatch Books.

rich said...

And for the record, I haven't gotten my copy of verses, yet.

My poem, if you want to know, is a deliberate perversion of Dylan Thomas. >=)

Greg Schwartz said...

Rich - Thanks for the update on 28 Blackbirds. I saw your name in the Vicious Verses table of contents, but I haven't read any of the poems. Sounds interesting though -- Dylan Thomas and zombies could be a good mix.

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015