Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dark Discoveries, 28 Blackbirds, Dwarf Stars

Horror magazine Dark Discoveries has officially raised its pay rate to five cents per word. That's great news for all horror writers, but especially those trying to get into the HWA -- another professional market to submit to.

J. Bruce Fuller's chapbook 28 Blackbirds at the End of the World is now available for preorder at the Bandersnatch Books website. I'm pretty sure it's $8 for a copy, but I can't find that info anywhere on the site. Anyone who orders before the end of January will be entered into a raffle, and the winner will receive a copy of every book Bandersnatch publishes in 2010.

The nominations for the 2009 Dwarf Stars Award have been announced, and there are a lot of familiar names on the list, as well as many new ones. SFPA members get a copy of the Dwarf Stars anthology, which looks to have a pretty good lineup.

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I Didn't realize being entered in the raffle was automatic. Duh! I ordered my copy yesterday.

Greg Schwartz said...

Charles - good luck with the raffle! do you know if $8 is the right price?

Rick said...

I'd swear I stumbled across your great blog a while back and lost the link. I've got to learn to bookmark or whatever it is. anyway, keep up the good work.

There ought to be some kind of a button we could push to bookmark you as a favorite or something. Or maybe I should ask the twelve year old across the street. They always know how to do this stuff!

Greg Schwartz said...

Hey Rick - thanks for stopping by (again)! I think there are a bunch of different ways to bookmark. you can add the site to Favorites in Internet Explorer, or to the Favorites bar, so you can just click on it, or you can "follow" the blog or subscribe to the posts.

if you have Internet Explorer 8 you can also (maybe) add it as a web slice, but I can't remember how to set that up off the top of my head.

portiris said...

I realize that it wasn't in this post, but I'd like to thank you for the link to portiris.com in your market news section.

That is great news for Dark Discoveries. Thanks for passing the good word.

Greg Schwartz said...

No problem! Port Iris looks like a good publication, for either a reader or writer.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, your blog is worth reading, nice post. Keep it up.

Greg Schwartz said...

Thanks!

CNA Schools said...

This looks so cool. I'm so happy that I find this blog, it seems that blogs are getting more creative in every aspect and its nice to see. Thank you for sharing.
CNA Salary

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015