Monday, March 1, 2010

for your reading pleasure...

There is no shortage of reading material for haiku and horror fans, either online or in print. For starters, the new issue of Champagne Shivers just came out (the last issue that will be edited by Cathy Buburuz, unfortunately), with a great cover by Mark Crittenden and stories and poems by Lucien Spelman, Brian Rosenberger, and Therese Arkenberg, among many others.

The March issue of The Heron's Nest is online. Page 3 has a horror-ish haiku by George Swede.

Niteblade has also just put out a March issue, containing lots of dark poetry and fiction. As always, you can read the issue for free online, or buy an ad-free PDF copy for just a few bucks.

J. Bruce Fuller's haiku sequence chapbook, 28 Blackbirds at the End of the World, is on sale now from Bandersnatch Books for $9.50. The sequence originally appeared in Scifaikuest and was subsequently nominated for a Rhysling Award.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've got J's book. Very fine. I know you read it too! Saw your quote.

Greg Schwartz said...

Charles - yup, I've read it, but I still want to get a copy of the book. It looks nice. Just a matter of setting aside the dinero.

J.E. Stanley said...

Thanks again for the heads up on "28 Blackbirds. . ." I just ordered a copy.

Greg Schwartz said...

J.E. - it's a great poem, you'll like it.

I'm about halfway through Intrinsic Night... haven't had much time for pleasure reading lately, but I'm enjoying it whenever I can! I'll post a review as soon as I finish it.

MkCrittenden said...

thanks for the name drop, Greg. Also...don't miss this one, Howl: Dark Tales of the Feral and infernal, which just became available on Createspace and soon to be available on Amazon.com. It's a horror anthology that explores the animal inside us all. It's edited by me, and I also did the cover and inside art. The book is exquisite and all 33 authors gave their best.
https://www.createspace.com/3437855

Greg Schwartz said...

hey Mark - sounds like a cool anthology!

Dwarf Stars Award 2015

Dwarf Stars Award 2015