Saturday, April 24, 2010

Deadlines, Calvin & Hobbes vs. Fight Club

Dark Discoveries and Basement Stories, two paying speculative magazines, both close to submissions June 1st. It may seem like a long time away, but it'll creep up on you.

Here's an interesting page for any Calvin & Hobbes or Fight Club fans. Galvin P. Chow has written an essay titled "I Am Jack's Younger Self: The Secret Connections between 'Fight Club' and 'Calvin and Hobbes' REVEALED!" It sounds silly, but it actually makes a lot of sense. The writer has put a lot of thought into it, and there are a lot of similarities that I never would have otherwise thought about. It's definitely an interesting read.

If anyone doesn't already have a copy of Bill Higginson and Penny Harter's Haiku Handbook, Kodansha International has just released a 25th Anniversary Edition that is currently only $12.24 at Amazon. This is definitely one of those books that you'll read through and want to keep, because you'll refer back to it often.

2 comments:

MarkAnthony said...

Greg, please look on my blog. I nominated you for something requiring your attention. :)

Greg Schwartz said...

Hey Mark -- thanks for nominating me! I don't have time right now (I only was able to get 3 posts up the whole month) but if I can soon I'll tell my 6 and 1.

Those are some good tales, if 6 of them are true!